There are a wide range of disability related financial supports available – we won’t say easily or readily available – but for many parents they don’t know where to begin.
- Universal Credit
- Disability Living Allownace (DLA) or Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
- Carers Allowance
- Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- Access to Work
A good starting point is the Benefits Calculator
This calculator is free and anonymous.
- Exemption from paying vehicle tax
- This can also help with certain toll roads
- Blue Badge
- Disabled persons railcard
- Disabled Persons bus pass
For some products and services you may not have to pay VAT. For example if you were purchasing a Mount Batten Brailler for your child. Usually these will be products designed or adapted for a disability.
TV License Discount
If you or someone who lives in your home is registered blind or severely sight impaired, you are entitled to a 50% discount off the cost of your TV License
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.